We are pleased to advise our clients that we have entered into what we feel will be a mutually beneficial arrangement with Pure Lifestyle. Pure Lifestyle will be our preferred provider for Manitoba-based medical consults and provision of occupational health-related services.
We regularly get requests from our employer clients to assist them in finding a healthcare provider for Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs….both post-injury and preventative), Independant Medical Examinations (IMEs), etc. Until now we have not really had a “go to” provider but we are happy to report that we have now found that provider. We are inviting our clients to explore Pure Lifestyle’s website at www.purewinnipeg.com and we have outlined some of their services below.
Pure Lifestyle is a Winnipeg-based collaborative health care facility operating with 9 different professionals: Medicine (Preventative and Public Health Physician, Sports Medicine Physician, Family Medicine, Occupational Health Physician), Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Psychology, Dietetics and Strength and Conditioning.
Services for RTW programming for insurance companies and corporations include:
- Physical Assessments (PA)
- Non -Treating Medical Examinations (IME)
- Multidisciplinary Assessments (MDA)
- Work Reconditioning programs
- Independent Physiotherapy Examinations (IPE)
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE) 1 or 2 day
- Permanent Impairment Assessments
- Psychological Assessments/Treatments
- Psychiatry Assessments/Treatment (effective March 18/21)
Programs offered for corporations include:
- Public Health Management
- We have a public health physician that has worked for the government alongside Roussin for years just recently letting go of his responsibilities at the province. He is the expert with anything COVID related and has done in-house assessments of workplaces to make sure they are following public order demands and optimizing work flow while keeping in mind these orders. Dr. Rusk has been able to offer presentations and “ask the doctor” type offerings in this time of crisis.
- Occupational Health Medical Directorship
- We provide work-focused care to ensure a safe and effective, early return to work managed by our occupational health physician with the help of our paramedical team. We essentially have the ability to deal with any injured worker by seeing them usually same day, sometimes next day to evaluate their injury needs and get them back to work ASAP (utilizing modified duties or gradual RTW as needed). We have the doc and physio see them that day, most likely in-person but can be done virtually. Then we relay this to the corporation that same day with a quick letter on their RTW status and plans moving forward.
- Health Advisorship (https://www.purewinnipeg.com/health-advisor/) offering Corporate Health Care
- This is a very exciting endeavour for us. Our kinesiologists do a 1 on 1 consultation with employees of a corporation to understand their health goals and ambitions. They then help the employee think about what that means in a given year and help organize ways to achieve those goals by connecting them with our various professionals and looking at specific times of the year that may be better to utilize such services.